VRTheatre is a mixed reality media player application built from the ground up for motion control and powered by VLC Icon.tiny VLC. It allows the user to watch videos in a variety of simulated VR environments. VRT currently supports the Oculus Rift (DK2 and CV1) and Leap Motion Controller as well as Gamepad, Oculus remote or Keyboard and mouse.
- Playback engine powered by VLC. Supports most formats supported by VLC Icon.tiny VLCoculus logo
- Direct video device display support (allows things like webcams, capture cards etc to be displayed)
- Resizeable screen
- Multiple immersive video watching locations (asteroid, island, void, etc)
- AR modes (Leap Motion Required)
- HTML5 Browser (Mnemonic Mode only currently, very basic but will improve over time)
- Dynamically generatable and movable display mode (Mnemonic mode)
- Multiple supported control types: Leap Motion (Recommended), Gamepad, Oculus Remote, Keyboard and Mouse or any combo of the five
How to Use:
VRTheatre can be controlled via Leap Motion (preferred), Gamepad, Oculus Remote, Keyboard and Mouse, or any combination of the five. To display the button mappings press the Y button on the gamepad, or press the H button on the keyboard for keyboard mappings. For Leap Motion Control, look down at the back of your left hand. You will notice a large blue orb. This is the Leap Motion control panel activator. To open the Leap Motion control panel, place your index finger from your right hand on the back of your left hand on the activator orb and hold for 1-2 secs. This will spawn the control panel tablet in your view. Press and hold the activator orb again to close the panel. You can also close the panel by pressing and holding the circular button on the bottom center of the panel.