NOTE: This app uses features which may not work properly with the Orion beta software. If you encounter issues, you may wish to use our older V2 software.
Touch It, Strum It, Bend It
Veil is a musical instrument. Thin fabric spans in front of you; touch it, strum it, bend it, the fabric responds and generates a sound. A continuous feedback process happens between your movements and the simulated movements of the veil. It’s an experiment – do today’s improvements in input device accuracy allow for a new kind of virtual instrument, which relies on visual instead of acoustic feedback?
A Real Instrument
Veil won’t hold you back in making the music you want. It’s a keyboard, it’s a guitar, it’s a violin, it’s a harmonica and it’s totally different. If the provided key layouts don’t suit you, just create your own!
Veil is neither a high-tech noise maker nor an ever-good-sounding toy. It’s a real instrument, and as such requires practice to achieve virtuosity.
- switchable note layouts
- configurable MIDI output including pitch-bend messages (yay!)
- graphics that use the power of DX11
- realtime sound synthesis (no samples)
- Open the menu by clapping your hands or moving your mouse.
- After some practice, improvise together with a guitar, this sounds amazing.
- Try different playing techniques. With every person playing on veil, a new style is invented.
- Check that “Tool Tracking” is actually enabled in your Control Panel.
At veil’s homepage, there is a tutorials section. There you can find recordings of different styles and playing techniques. You’ll also find explanations for the different key layouts and a guide on how to create your own.