An embodied experience showcasing the potential for expressive movement and powerful body presence through hand tracking.
Mirrors is a short, body-movement-focused demo which utilizes a rigged upper body avatar driven by Leap Motion hands. Standing inside a mirrored cube, you’ll begin the experience with a body composed of a cloud of white particles. Touch the first mirror and you’ll burst into a rainbow of shifting colors where each particle’s velocity determines its hue. Each of the four walls reflects a different particle representation. Try them all on and whether you dance, wave, wiggle or high five your reflection, the more you move the more particles you’ll emit.
Note: This demo requires at least 5.5ft x 5.5ft of playspace.
- Launch the demo and look at the white ball to begin.
- Pressing the ‘R’ key on your keyboard will restart the scene.
This demo aims to showcase:
- Body Presence: The feeling of having your upper body in VR with you, without wearable markers or controllers, through high fidelity finger and hand tracking.
- Expressive Movement: Wiggle a single finger and see how the smallest of movements can be amplified into a shower of technicolor sparks in VR. No lifeless doll hands here.
This demo uses ‘Skinner’, a skinned mesh particle emission project by Keijiro Takahashi, under the MIT license. The source is available here.
- Soulkind and Melonjam, By Fire
- Jiri, The New Law
- Jim Yosef, Canary [NCS Release]
- Chris Zabriskie, Prelude No.2
(Creative Commons info on bottom of all pages)
Trailer filmed by āz Balabanian in Upload VR’s Mixed Reality Studio.