NOTE: This app uses features which may not work properly with the Orion beta software. If you encounter issues, you may wish to use our older V2 software.
Video game and operating system control
GameWAVE makes it possible to completely control keyboard and mouse-based video games with your Leap Motion Controller. To do so, you assign actions to different gestures and make them correspond to what your favorite video games are expecting. This might initially take a little effort, but once you find a combination of gestures and actions that feels right for you, they can be saved for later use and you’ll feel like stepping into a science-fiction movie.
Community site to share GameWAVE files: Gawshare.com
GameWAVE is also incredibly useful for controlling the rest of your computer with gestures. The flexibility and detail needed for real-time gaming makes it excel for operating system control.
GameWAVE can save each configuration into a dedicated document with the possibility of skinning its looks by providing a background image on which the transparent GUI will overlay.
Supported gestures for each hand:
- 12 different swipes : one, two and more fingers in four independent directions (up, down, left, right)
- 6 different circles : one, two and more fingers in two independent directions (left, right)
- 6 continuous movement directions: upward, downward, leftward, rightward, forward and backward
- 4 continuous inclinations: upward, downward, inward and outward
- two different movements styles for each axis: move like mouse or move like gamepad
- speed and rest zone sliders to fine-tune movement precision
- hand opened or close
- hand flat state when it’s not inclined
- single finger tap
- thumb lift
- rapid multiple finger taps
Supported actions to map gestures to:
- key press : virtual any key combination on your keyboard, apart from hardwired system shortcuts
- modifier keys: shift, control, alt, windows
- caps lock key
- reposition hand during the movement gestures without interruptions
- mouse click left, center, right, double click
- mouse move up, down, left, right
- scroll wheel up, down, left, right
- media control: play, stop, previous, next, mute, quieter, louder
- open documents, applications or folders
- system commands: lock, logoff, sleep, restart and shutdown
- switch between steering and trigger modes to enable continuous actions and one-shot action on the same hand
- a whole collection of OS-specific commands that are different on MacOSX and Windows, leveraging the possibilities of each
Note that even though we did our best to make GameWAVE compatible with as many games and applications out there, we can’t guarantee that it will function with all of them. Competitive online multiplayer games in particular seem to block virtual mouse and keyboard input. You can find a growing list of games that were confirmed working by the community on our website.