NOTE: This app uses features which may not work properly with the Orion beta software. If you encounter issues, you may wish to use our older V2 software.
AirBeats captures your natural “air drumming” movements, allowing you to make amazing beats in the styles of Hip Hop, Dubstep, Trance, and more.
Another round of accuracy improvements!
As of version 1.2, AirBeats now displays a spherical beater visualization that tracks all of your fingers, along with a very accurate shadow to show you exactly where you are in the virtual drumming space. Playing the drums couldn’t be simpler: just collide the beaters with the pads! It helps to extend your fingers or use plain wooden chop sticks or skewers.
A new ‘advanced’ mode has also been added for expert players. This mode utilizes the free-space strike detection algorithm from v1.1 and earlier. In this mode, you can strike anywhere over a pad to enact the note. This allows for more responsive triggers but can result in unwanted sounds under less than ideal conditions. Be sure to use proper body posture. and Balanced Tracking Priority.
- “Air drum” over the Leap Motion Controller to play the six zones.
- Use the virtual beater visualization to make contact with the virtual drum pads.
- The application detects rapid downward movement of your hands. You can play in a variety of ways: open hands, fingers extended, or using tools. Chopsticks recommended!
- When not drumming, a cursor tracks one of your beaters (use one finger to move the cursor).
- All buttons are activated by hovering the cursor over the button.
- Select kits and patterns by bringing the lists into view with the tabs. Point at the list items to make your selection.
- Change the tempo using the left/right buttons on either side of the tempo display.
- Control the transport (play/record/metronome) using the transport buttons at the top.
- An audio settings dialog is available in the Options menu, in case you need to use a different audio device.
- Patterns can be saved, copied, and deleted from the file menu.
- You can export your pattern to an audio file from the file menu.
- If you dismiss the tutorial with the “Don’t show again” button, you can bring it back with the ‘h’ key on your keyboard.